All puppies are sold with a one year conditional guarantee:
- To have puppy examined within 72 hours of purchase by a licensed veterinarian to validate this guarantee. If the puppy is returned due to illness, a verified letter from the veterinarian is required.
- The puppy is not being purchased for resale and will never be sold to a pet shop, puppy mill or agent of same.
- Buyer is not to register the puppy under any other Pet Registry, besides American Kennel Club.
- To provide all annual vet exams, to continue all required vaccine shots as recommended by their vet and proper vet care. It is important the puppy has all puppy shots, and their yearly boosters. Failure to comply with and provide documentation of these requirements voids all guarantees.
- To provide adequate housing away from the elements. Buyer will have a fenced yard or kennel if the dog will be housed outside. Your dog will NEVER be left on a chain. The Buyer will groom, train, and care for this dog in the manner consistent with high quality animal husbandry.
- Buyer is strongly advised to spay/neuter if purchased as a pet.
- Buyer agrees to feed puppy Life's Abundance dog food or another food rated 4-star or above on dogfoodadvisor.com
- The value of the pet for the purpose of this guarantee is solely the original purchase price of the pet, and does not include any additional prices declared by the buyer, such as value of show dog or shipping fees.
- Buyer agrees that they will never surrender their dog to a dog rescue, humane society or animal shelter. Deer Creek Goldens will accept any dog that is unable to be cared for and shall assume ownership of, possession of, and responsibility for any such animal bred by Deer Creek Goldens.
- This agreement shall be deemed and consummated in the county of Johnson, Iowa and shall be governed by the laws of the state of Iowa.
1. Puppy will come with pre-paid AKC registration.
2. Breeder guarantees that puppy has had proper care to date of release to buyer. Puppy has received its first shots and been wormed. Shot records will be furnished at time of purchase. If puppy is being shipped a copy of the shots & worm records will be mailed to new owner. If within 72 hours of receiving the puppy and he/she is examined by a reputable veterinarian and the health of the puppy is found to be at risk due to a congenital defect (existing at birth), owner shall notify breeder and provide a written statement from a licensed vet describing puppy's condition and shall return the puppy and papers to the breeder within three days of the examination. Breeder will replace puppy or refund money provided puppy is in the same condition mentally and physically as when originally purchased. This does not include worms, fleas, mites, coccidia, giardia, or any other parasites as they are common in dogs and puppies.
3. Breeder is not responsible if puppy contracts a communicable disease after leaving breeder's possession.
4. Breeder guarantees puppy against any congenital defect causing death of or making necessary euthanasia until one year of age.
5. Due to all the genetic and environmental factors involved, we cannot guarantee that your puppy will be without hereditary defects. We have done our best to avoid passing on any undesirable trait by having both parents health tested and free of undesirable genetic characteristics. If the puppy should develop any hereditary conditions before the puppy’s first birthday, such as mild to severely affected hip/elbow dysplasia, grade 3 or over heart murmur, or hereditary eye conditions we will either replace the puppy of equal value at the breeders convenience or buyer will keep the puppy and breeder will refund up to half the purchase price. The puppy must have a new x-ray by your veterinarian to confirm the diagnosis and it must be documented by an official OFA preliminary consultation.
6. Upon receipt of a letter to breeder from a reputable veterinarian stating that in his/her opinion this condition is congenital, puppy will be replaced or buyer has option to keep the puppy and we will refund up to half of the puppy’s original price. The owner is responsible to return the dog to Deer Creek Goldens in good mental and physical condition.
7. We also reserve the right to acquire DNA to determine the dog or puppy as one of our lineages.
8. Breeder does not guarantee color, size, championship, or temperament of any puppy, and will not be held responsible for any vet expenses after the puppy has left our premises.
To be covered by this guarantee, the following conditions need to apply:
- Puppy must be owned by original owner named in this agreement.
- In the case of sudden demise of puppy, breeder must receive a written notice of puppy's death from owner's vet, along with a necropsy report indicating cause of death.
LIMITATIONS OF GUARANTEE:
This guarantee is non-transferable. The puppy must be in good physical condition. No replacement will be given if dog has been bred. A licensed veterinarian must do all laboratory verifications. The buyer/owner is responsible for all transportation costs to and from the breeder. The breeder is not responsible for any and all veterinarian expenses accumulated on returned or replaced dog or puppy.
THE FOLLOWING 1-6 WILL VOID ALL GUARANTEES:
1. Allowing your dog to become obese or underfed at any time.
a. Underfed: Ribs are highly visible
b. Ideal Body Condition: Can feel and see outline of ribs. Dog has waist when viewed from above. Belly is tucked when viewed from the side.
c. Overfed: Dog has no waist when viewed from above. Belly is rounded when viewed from the side.
2. Evidence of neglect or abuse.
3. Previous related trauma (broken bones, related injuries, etc.)
4. Dog has been bred.
5. Feeding this dog anything other than a premium quality dog food.
6. Evidence of Strenuous Exercise - for example: No treadmill, no extensive standing on back legs or excessive tennis ball chasing and retrieving should be done - especially on slippery floors.